Made of Hydrostone plaster for extra strength but the same absorption properties as pottery plaster, these bats evenly dry thrown pieces like no other!
We highly recommend their use when throwing heavy plates, platters, and wide bottomed vessels were even-shrink rate and drying time is important. Never have a plate crack again!
These are also our go-to for plate throwing when an even 1/4" base is preferred, or a flat-foot, with no need for trimming when using a production pottery throwing method. Your plates will release without the use of a wire, resulting in no clay loss as with normal methods of removing a pot from it's bat.
Hydrostone Bats Are:
- Available in 14" x 1" Thick slabs, with clear poly bat-pin fittings on the back to fit standard wheel head pins
- Great for drying work on the bottom as the air dries exposed surfaces
- Perfect for throwing plates, cuts 1/2 the drying time, and dries evenly to reduce S-Cracking
- No need for wasted / heavy clay bottomed plates, just remove and smooth (flat-footings work great!)
- Made in Nampa, Idaho for Mondaes Makerspace