These beautiful glazes transform in the kiln when small pieces of glass burst into color and intricate pattern during the firing process. Use alone for stunning effects, in glaze combination blending with Stroke & Coats®, Foundations® or Cobblestones or simply as an accent to your design.
Jungle Gem™ Crystal glazes were designed to mature at cone 06/05. Apply to shelf cone 04 bisque. Shake jar well and stir during the application process. Apply 3 coats with a fan brush, allow to dry between coats. Avoid placing crystals towards bottom of ware to keep them from flowing onto the kiln shelf during firing.
Jungle Gem™ Glazes can be fired to higher temperatures. Refer to individual color labels for cone 6 firing results, or download the Mid-Range firing guide below. The crystals in the glaze will melt when fired, which may create a textured surface. As that surface may be difficult to properly clean if in contact with food, we recommend crystal glazes to be used on decorative ware.
Jungle Gems ™ glazes are certified AP nontoxic, with the exception of CG 707 Woodland Fantasy and CG 713 Peacock Green which require a caution label, CL, due to soluble copper. Please refer to label for specific information. For mid-range firing results, please Click here to view the Mid-Range firing guide PDF.
- 4 oz
- Pints - expect up to 3 weeks lead time prior to shipping
- Left-over crystals? Just add a complimentary Foundations® glaze.
- May use a complimentary Foundations® as a base glaze in order to make your crystals go further.
- We recommend a soft fan brush, such as CB-604 #4 or CB-618 #8 Soft Fan, for glaze application.
- Stir frequently as crystals tend to settle in the jar due to their weight.
- Store upside down with lid on securely to allow easy mixing and even dispersion of crystals.
- As crystals tend to flow at higher temperatures, we recommend limiting number of crystals on bottom third of vertical piece to avoid glaze running onto kiln shelf.
- Re-distribution of crystals may be required during the final coat. Where you see the crystal is where you will see it bloom.