**Some Schacht products take up to 8 weeks to ship. For exact ETA's if in a hurry, email email@example.com.
Beautifully crafted, the Reeves Saxony wheel captures an enduring sense of history with state-of-the-art woodworking techniques. Designed in conjunction with Rick and Marge Reeves, the Saxony wheel incorporates traditional design in a wheel that’s a superb spinner. Available with both Scotch tension and double drive modes.
The Schacht-Reeves Saxony wheel is availabe in 24” and 30” models, as a double or single treadle, and in ash or cherry. Flyer on the left is standard; right-mounted flyer is available by special request.
Each wheel comes with three bobbins, two whorls, a Lazy Kate, and threading hook. Whorl ratios: 12:1 to 24:1.
This page offers the Ash Reeves in Single Treadle or Double Treadle, 30" Fly-Wheel Models, as well as "Flyer Left" and the uncommon "Flyer Right".
Bobbins: The Schacht-Reeves flyer shaft is 5/16” in diameter versus the original Reeves 1/4” diameter. This means that the current Schacht bobbins can’t be used on prior Reeves-made wheels. Replacement wooden bobbins for older Reeves spinning wheels can be ordered from Hill Creek Fiber Studio, (800) 874-9328.
- Standard Accessories: 3 bobbins, lazy kate, threading hook
- Bobbin Length, Inside Dimension: 3.375″; bobbin core radius .4375″
- Bobbin Capacity: 3–3.5oz
- Flyer Width Between Arms: 4″
- Type of Bearings/Bushings: Drive wheel–ball bearings; flyer–leather and bronze; bobbins–delrin
- Drive Band: Cotton
- Ratios: 24″–12:1 to 19:1; 30″–14.5:1 to 24:1
- Weight: 28 lbs
- Shipping Weight: box 1 23lbs 21x18x25″; box 2:24lbs 33x33x14″
- Length: 42"
- Height: 38"
- Width/Depth: 20"
- Orifice Height: 26"
- Orifice Size: .375″
- Bobbin Length: 4.5"
- Medium whorl, included with wheel: 14.5:1/18:1
- Fast whorl, included with wheel: 20:1/24:1
- Slow whorl, optional: 9.5:1/12:1
- High speed whorl, optional: 27.5:1/30.5:1
- Super high speed whorl, optional: 34:1/38.5.1