Brother's Standard Drum Carder is their stand-by: the most affordable carder on the market with the most options available. It has a poly belt for a smooth and quiet operation that does not collect fiber or require cleaning as do chain-drive carders. Belt driven carders are also a lot safer, as the belt can be removed quickly by hand if needed. The Brother Standard is constructed with high quality copper drum bushings, hemlock hardwood, and hardened highly tempered steel wire cloth for longevity and uniformity.
Do you card LOTS of different fibers? The Brother Standard system has interchangeable drums that can be purchased and easily changed out with a screw driver! The licker in drum is always a coarser cloth than the swift, example: a fine cloth carder 120tpi has a 90tpi licker in drum. Brother will buy back your like-new condition hand-crank standard carder when upgrading to electric. Buy-back credit will vary based on your returned carders assessed value by Brother. You are responsible for all shipping costs for buy-back programs.
- Aprox.batt size: 9" x 22"
- Drum ratio: 5:1
- Carding cloth length: 1/2"
- TPI vary based on cloth, see pull down tab for options
- Dimensions: 12" wide x 24" long, 9" high
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Brush attachment, clamps, and doffer for removing batts are sold separately
- 30 day money-back guarantee when returned to the manufacturer
- Hand made of Hemlock wood in the USA