Knit and felt your own little flock. Each of your sheep will be an individual, their personality developing during felting and finishing.
- Size: Yarn choice and felting will determine finished size.
- Yarn Requirements: Sheep are shown in worsted and bulky weight wools. Choose a yarn that will felt easily and firmly. Worsted: 165 yds (151m) of main color and 25 yds (23m) of black. Bulky: 185 yds (169m) main color and 30 yds (28m) black.
- For larger sheep you may use multiple strands of yarn, adding some mohair if a fluffy lamb is desired. Increase needle size accordingly and remember that yardage requirements will change.
- Caution: Bleached white wools do not felt and many off white wools do not felt well, if at all. Please test sample your yarn to make sure it will felt to achieve a desired result.
- Needles: For worsted wt: US size 10 (6mm) or 10.5 (6.5mm);
- For bulky wt: US size 11 (8mm).
- Design by Bev Galeskas, Fiber Trends Pattern FT206