English Leicester is a beautiful high luster sheep wool with a well defined crimp ideal for medium to thick yarns. Often mistaken for angora goat/mohair fiber due to length and shine!
Washed English Leicester Locks:
- Available in 100gm (3.5oz) or 1 kg (35.7oz) bags
- Micron 38-40, Staple length approx. 17.5cm (7ins)
- Natural, washed locks free of lanolin, ready to spin
Ideas for Use:
- Spinning - Open the fiber out and spin a soft single thread. Ply with a fine cotton, silk or commercial woolen thread to strengthen the yarn for knitting. The fine thread will be almost hidden in the yarn and won't obscure the fabulous colors.
- Weaving - Use the beautiful shiny staples for extra texture in handwoven fabrics. Hand-knot the staples into beautiful rugs or wall hangings.
- Felting - Use the colored staples as surface decoration. They look fantastic lightly felted into the surface of a natural color felt.
- *The sheep are well cared for and are not mulesed.