Tapestry weaving is considered by many to be the most personal of all weaving. Among the simplest of looms, the tapestry loom holds a continuous warp under tension, allowing the weaver to see all of the warp at once. Sheds are formed using heddle bars and string heddles.
While only two heddle bars are needed for traditional tapestry weaving, Schacht provides four heddle bars so that beginning weavers can also experiment with 4-shaft pattern weaving.
To keep the warp tension even throughout your weaving, Schacht's tapestry loom has a tension beam with thumbscrews on the end which allow for easy adjustment.
Available in 18" and 25" weaving widths, the continuous warping system allows a 60" long warp to be put directly on the loom without using any other warping tools.
Available Accessories include:
- A-Frame Stand: Designed for use with Schacht portable tapestry looms, the A-Frame Stand inexpensively answers the question of how to hold the loom upright on the table top or the floor while weaving. The adjustable side arms let you vary the angle, and may be folded up for storage. The Tapestry Loom can also be fitted to the Trestle Floor Stand.
- Tapestry Beaters in 3 sizes
- "Goblin Style" Tapestry Bobbins
- Please allow 1-4 weeks for free shipping, as Schacht products are in high demand. During high volume seasons, Schacht product ETAS may exceed 4 weeks. We do our best to have Schacht parts in stock at Mondaes. In-Stock parts will ship within 24 hours. Rest assured that as soon as your order is place through Mondaes your purchase has been given a "number" on the Schacht production line and will be shipped the day it is available. All Schacht products are handmade in the USA, assembled and tested, and then disassembled and packed with care for shipment.
- You may choose to ship your Schacht product directly to you if you are outside Idaho's Treasure Valley at no additional shipping charge (all orders over $99 ship free), or to Mondaes' retail store.