The Schacht Matchless Spinning Wheel offers double drive, Scotch tension, and bobbin lead modes of operation! The single treadle Matchless is an uncommon Tandem Treadle style, where both feet move together to propel the wheel, or one foot can be used at a time.
The 19 1/2" drive wheel and flyer shaft are supported by self-aligning bronze bearings for precise action. Each flyer is individually balanced and the bobbins and flyer whorls are trued on center for long and superior service.
Also included with each wheel:
- 4 bobbins
- Threading hook with hardwood turned handle
- Lazy Kate and a carrying strap
- Wheels come with two flyer whorls (medium and fast)
- The four additional flyer whorls available offer spinning ratios from 4:1 to 22:1 (purchase separately on our accessories page)
- The Wheel Cart shown can be purchased separately for added convenience on our "spinning accessories" page.
- Jumbo/Bulky Flyer Package available, and highly recommended for success on this wheel if you are a beginning spinner**
NOTE: Schacht has now made their Travelling Wheel: The Sidekick, to accept the flyer and bobbins from the Ladybug or Matchless! The Sidekick can then be purchased at a lower cost if you do not need the flyer and bobbins.
**Due to its highly capable functions, it is not set up initially as a "beginner friendly" wheel due to its higher speed whorls and initial Double Drive set up mode. This is EASY to fix if you're in the market for this wheel as your first wheel! We recommend purchasing the Jumbo flyer with the Matchless and installing it upon initial set up if you're a beginner, which will allow for a lower twist per inch rate on your beginning yarns and heavier take-up. We have adopted this method for our Matchless used in beginning classes, and our students love us for it. If you can not purchase the Jumbo flyer kit with your Matchless and you are a beginner, we suggest you set up the wheel in Scotch tension mode when learning to spin. This means you'll install the Scotch tension option, and use the double drive band your Matchless comes with as a single band by allowing both strands to land on the whorl. It will all make sense when you set up your wheel. Feel free to contact us @ email@example.com with questions.. we're glad to help!
- Please allow 1-4 weeks for free shipping, as Schacht products are in high demand. During high volume seasons, Schacht product ETAS may exceed 4 weeks. We do our best to have Schacht parts in stock at Mondaes. In-Stock parts will ship within 24 hours. Rest assured that as soon as your order is place through Mondaes your purchase has been given a "number" on the Schacht production line and will be shipped the day it is available. All Schacht products are handmade in the USA, assembled and tested, and then disassembled and packed with care for shipment.