** We have ONE Crankless 8" Carder in-stock ready to ship as of 1/21/22: Doublewides and additional 8" Crankless Carders may experience a 2-6 week lead time. Your purhcase on our site places you in to the purchase queue in the U.S., directly with Clemes & Clemes manufacturing and your carder is shipped when completed.
Clemes & Clemes flagship model is the most feature-rich drum carder in the world. This model is so safe, quiet, and cards 2x faster than comparable carders that we rent it for $20 per hour at Mondaes with just a quick orientation lesson! Full disclosure, when you use this carder it WILL spoil you, and you'll understand the value of waiting for your own to add to your wool production business or hobby.
The Crankless combines the features of our Convertible and Electric Drive into one sleek unit that is as functional as it is good looking. Featuring our mill style carding cloth, the Crankless also comes with a full complement of tools so you can process any fiber without creating neps or noils. The Crankless has nearly twice the capacity of our Standard carder and the same capacity of the average doublewide drum carder.
Elite Crankless 8" & Double Wide (16") Carder Specs:
|Carding Cloth||72 TPI Mill Style Sharpened Elite Cloth|
|Drum Size – Swift||8” wide x 8.25” diameter (16" wide x 8.25" Doublewide)|
|Approximate Batt Size||8” x 27” (or 16 x 27" Doublewide)|
|Approximate Maximum Batt Weight||
4.5 oz. (8 oz for Double Wide)
The Clemes Crankless Electric:
- Features proprietary 72 teeth per inch mill style carding cloth
- Produces 3-4 ounce batts with ease
- Does not break fibers, creates no noils or neps
- The Crankless Doublewide will produce 6-8 ounce batts
- Requires minimal cleaning: Fiber Deflectors keep errant fibers from wrapping around shafts or bearings
- The delrin bearings never need to be oiled and are easily adjusted to change the spacing between the drums, though no adjustment is needed for multiple fibers.
- ]The carding cloth on the lickerin is spiral wrapped creating zero no gap, optimal for short/fine fibers.
- The Stainless Steel Doffing Area Strip protects carding cloth for many years of heavy use.
- No clamps required to keep the Crankless in place
- Comes with a manual handle for use if the power goes out, no reconfiguring required. Converting to hand crank takes less than 1 minute.
- The only Carder on the market with a safety key-on/off switch and huge on/off buttons, operable with a palm, tool, or fingers.
- LED red light indicator when carder is running, and green light on when turning.
- All electrical components are UL approved and mounted entirely within a ventilated steel enclosure, making the Crankless only the second electric carder in the industry to meet all requirements regarding electrical safety.
- Additional safety feature: If a drum is jammed, the pulley will slip rather than continuing to feed like a chain, gear, or direct drive.
- Made of Oak hardwood and protected with a durable lacquer finish.