These birdhouses are fun and easy to knit in bulky weight wool. Display one by itself or group several together. Either way they will add a cheerful accent to any room in your house.
Finished Size: In bulky weight yarn as shown, 11" (13") (28 (33) cm) tall and 5" (13cm) in diameter at base. Numbers for the larger size are given in parentheses. Note that the base diameter is the same for both sizes. For a smaller birdhouse consider using worsted weight yarn and a size or two smaller needle.
- Yarn Requirements: Choose a bulky weight yarn that will felt easily and firmly.
- Approximately 120 (150) yards (110 (137) meters) for base and 75 (100) yards (69 (92) meters) for roof.
- Optional Supplies:1 sheet of black plastic canvas to stabilize base. Fiber, foam and a size 38 felting needle for embellishment.
- Needles: 16" (40cm) size 13 (9mm) circular needles and a set of 4 double pointed needles in the same size.
- Design by Lisa Runstrom
- Fiber Trends Pattern FT222