What is not obvious is the new design for a single drive flyer. The whorl is “changeable” for different speeds; to change bobbins, the front of the flyer simply pulls off - no drive band to deal with. Very fast bobbin change. Watch a video to see how it is done. The flyer also has sliding hooks. And both the flyer and the wheel spin on sealed ball bearings for a truly smooth feel.
The Fantasia is made of European alder and available in several wood and color combinations. DECORATE your unfinished Fantasia, and send us pdf's of your artwork! We'll send you back a 10% OFF coupon code all your own for your next Mondaes purchase.
If you are new spinner, you will want to add the Jumbo Ring Orifice and Hooks Kit for plying or larger yarns - this gives the wheel more grace for your intro-width yarns and allows it to perform well in art-yarn classes.
Take a video test drive.
• wheel diameter - 18"; double treadle
• orifice height - 28"; size - 3/8"
• 3 bobbins; will fit all other Kromski wheels
• single drive with Scotch tension with interchangeable whorls; flyer has sliding hooks
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and needle nose bottle of spinning wheel oil; uses an elastic drive band
• Ratios: 5 and 8 to 1. Optional whorls - 10 and 14:1 and 18 and 20:1; whorls exchange very easily
• ball bearings on wheel axle and flyer
• wheel part is MDF or veneer MDF; available finished or unfinished
• weight - 12.5 lbs.
Available configurations and accessories:
- finished wood and veneer MDF wheel; walnut with clear wheel accent or clear with walnut wheel accent
- unfinished wood and MDF wheel; ready for you to finish as you like
- Jumbo Ring Orifice and Hooks Kit for plying or larger yarns
What does it take to conceptualize and implement a new product? Look at some of Daniel Kromski's drawings on just small aspects of the Fantasia, a threading hook and a peg. As you will see, a lot goes into a Kromski product before any sawdust is made.
This Fantasia was decorated by Ashley Eskew. See what your imagination can do! Send New Voyager/Kromski a picture of your uniquely finished wheel and they'll post it on their site!