- Drum is 11.5" (30 cm) wide and 10«" (26.5 cm) in diameter
- Surface speed ratio is 12:1
- Teeth are spaced at 72 teeth/sq inch
- Teeth are 3/8" deep (11 mm)
- Card approximately 1 ounce (30 grams) per batt
- Weight 20 pounds (9 kg)
- Carding teeth flexible
- No pre-teasing needed
- Table clamps, doffer brush and doffer pin included
An instruction manual written by well known author and fiber artist Deb Menz is included with all drumcarders.
The Louet Drumcarders are made of laminated birch and have a hard white coating. In order to ensure a long life, the teeth on all Lou?t carders are made of high grade plated steel wire. All gearboxes (except on the Elite) are enclosed to prevent fibers entering the gear system.
For drumcarders it is common to mention the gear ratio that drives the licker-in when you rotate the large drum. However, what really counts for carding is the ratio of the surface speed of both drums, because the difference of surface speed does the carding. You get this surface speed ratio by multiplying the gear ratio with the ratio of the diameters of the large drum and the licker-in.