The Mama Bear™ Plus Swift will meet the basic needs of knitters and yarn handlers, and takes hanks up to 80" in circumference. These are designed and handcrafted with a Unique Turning System™, these swifts are the smoothest and quietest turning swifts available. There are no easily breakable parts on the swift or clamps needed for operation. This style is often referred to as an Amish Style or Table Top Swift.
Since the Mama Bear Swift is reversible, it can also be used to create your own skeins, eliminating another piece of equipment between your spinning wheel and the swift. Once your hank is created, use your Ball Winder or Jumbo Ball Winder to create a usable center-pull ball.
Because of its very smooth Unique Turning System™, yarn wound on the Mama Bear™ BASIC has much less tension as compared with other yarn swifts. This important difference greatly reduces yarn stretching. This swift makes dealing with any unruly yarn skein a pure pleasure. Each piece of the swift comes apart in seconds, for easy storage and transport. See the Mama Bear Plus or Papa Bear for larger circumference swifts, and consider adding a Yarn Counter at any time.
- Table top hardwood swift triples as a niddy noddy & warping board!
- Collapses quickly for easy travel and comes with woven wool drawstringed bag. UPGRADE Your Wool Bag Here!
- Adjust pegs to accommodate up to 80 inch skeins.
- Comes with warping board function instructions
- The Mama Bear Plus is available in 3 additional exotic wood options
- Made in Medford, Oregon, USA.