Wensleydale is a beautiful high luster sheep wool with a well defined crimp ideal for medium to thick yarns. Often mistaken for angora goat/ mohair fiber due to length and shine. These locks are washed with Kookaburra Scour, a non-toxic wash.
Wensleydale Locks are:
- Available in 2 oz bags
- Washed (scoured) by hand with phosphate free biodegradeable Kookaburra scour
- Micron 38-40, Staple length approx. 17.5cm (7ins).
- Grown sustainably on happy sheep in Idaho, USA
Ideas for Use:
- Separate into individual groups of color and spin long-patterned yarn!
- Spinning - Open the fibre out and spin a soft single thread. Ply with a fine cotton, silk or commercial woolen thread to strengthen the yarn for knitting. The fine thread will be almost hidden in the yarn and won't obscure the fabulous colors.
- Weaving - Use the beautiful shiny staples for extra texture in handwoven fabrics. Hand-knot the staples into beautiful rugs or wall hangings.
- Felting - Use the colored staples as surface decoration. They look fantastic lightly felted into the surface of a natural color felt.
- *The sheep are well cared for and are not mulesed.